VIGAMOX EYE DROPS 0,5% 5ML — MADE IN BELGIUM — FREE SHIPPING
Vigamox (Moxifloxacin) eye drops - antimicrobial agent moxifloxacin is active against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, atypical and acid-fast bacteria, anaerobic bacteria.
Moxifloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibacterial preparation of the IV generation, it has bactericidal action. It is active against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, anaerobic, acid-fast and atypical bacteria.
The mechanism of action is associated with the inhibition of topoisomerase II (DNA gyrase) and topoisomerase IV. DNA-gyrase is an enzyme involved in the replication, transcription and repair of bacterial DNA. Topoisomerase IV is an enzyme involved in the cleavage of chromosomal DNA during the division of a bacterial cell.
There is no cross-resistance with macrolides, aminoglycosides and tetracyclineamines. It was reported about the development of cross-resistance between the systemically used moxifloxacin and other fluoroquinolones.
Moxifloxacin is active against most strains of microorganisms (both in vitro and in vivo):
Gram-positive bacteria: Corynebacterium spp., Including Corynebacterium diphtheriae; Micrococcus luteus (including strains not susceptible to erythromycin, gentamicin, tetracycline and / or trimethoprim); Staphylococcus aureus (including strains insensitive to methicillin, erythromycin, gentamicin, ofloxacin, tetracycline and / or trimethoprim); Staphylococcus epidermidis (including strains insensitive to methicillin, erythromycin, gentamicin, ofloxacin, tetracycline, and / or trimethoprim); Staphylococcus haemolyticus (including strains insensitive to methicillin, erythromycin, gentamicin, ofloxacin, tetracycline, and / or trimethoprim); Staphylococcus hominis (including strains insensitive to methicillin, erythromycin, gentamicin, ofloxacin, tetracycline and / or trimethoprim); Staphylococcus warneri (including strains, insensitive to erythromycin); Streptococcus mitis (including strains that are insensitive to penicillin, erythromycin, tetracycline, and / or trimethoprim); Streptococcus pneumoniae (including strains that are insensitive to penicillin, erythromycin, gentamicin, tetracycline, and / or trimethoprim); Streptococcus group of viridans (including strains, insensitive to penicillin, erythromycin, tetracycline and / or trimethoprim).
Gram-negative bacteria: Acinetobacler Iwoffii; Haemophilus influenzae (including strains not susceptible to ampicillin); Haemophilus parainfluenzae; Klebsiella spp.
Other microorganisms: Chlamydia trachomatis.
Moxifloxacin acts in vitro against most of the below listed microorganisms, but the clinical significance of this data is not known:
Gram-positive bacteria: Listeria monocytogenes; Staphylococcus saprophyticus; Streptococcus agalactiae; Streptococcus mitis; Streptococcus pyogenes; Streptococcus group C, G, F;
Gram-negative bacteria: Acinetobacler baumannii; Acinetobacter calcoaceticus; Citrobacter freundii; Citrobacter koseri; Enterobacter aerogenes; Enterobacter cloacae; Escherichia coli; Klebsiella oxytoca; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Moraxella catarrhalis; Morganella morganii; Neisseria gonorrhoeae; Proteus mirabilis; Proteus vulgaris; Pseudomonas stutzeri;
Anaerobic microorganisms: Clostridium perfringens; Fusobacterium spp .; Prevotella spp .; Propionibacterium acnes.
Other organisms: Chlamydia pneumoniae; Legionella pneumophila; Mycobacterium avium; Mycobacterium marinum; Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
When topical application occurs the systemic absorption of moxifloxacin: Cmax is 2.7 ng / ml, the value of AUC is 45 ng · h / ml. These values are about 1600 times and 1000 times less than Cmax and AUC after applying a therapeutic dose of moxifloxacin 400 mg orally. T1 / 2 moxifloxacin from plasma is about 13 hours.
Vigamox (Moxifloxacin) eye drops is used to treat the infectious eye pathology associated with eye trauma, with complication after surgery, with the wearing of contact lenses. In combination with other antibiotics, it is used to treat chlamydial and bacterial conjunctivitis caused by bacteria that are sensitive to the preparation. It is used in ophthalmology, preoperative preparation and postoperative recovery period of the patient. Moxifloxacin is administered in the following situations:
- Prophylaxis and treatment of eye diseases (conjunctivitis, barley, keratitis, meibomite, corneal ulcer, blepharitis, dacryocystitis), mycobacterial eye therapy.
- Chronic bronchitis, an exacerbation associated with a bacterial infection.
- Acute bacterial sinusitis.
- Community-acquired pneumonia caused by moxifloxacin-sensitive bacteria.
- Infectious diseases of the skin.
- Children and adolescence up to 1 year.
- Lactation (the period of breastfeeding).
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of the preparation or to other quinolones.
Patients who used systemic preparations hinolonovogo series have developed severe, and in some cases fatal hypersensitivity reactions (anaphylaxis) sometimes immediately after the first dose (!).
Some reactions were accompanied by collapse, loss of consciousness, angioedema (including laryngeal edema and/or face), airway obstruction, dyspnea, urticaria, and pruritus. If you experience the above conditions may require resuscitation.
Prolonged use of antibiotic can lead to excessive growth of insensitive microorganisms, including fungi. In the case of a superinfection it is necessary to stop the preparation and appoint adequate therapy.
Do not touch the tip of dropper bottle to any surface to avoid contamination of the vial and its contents. The bottle must be closed after each use.
Effects on ability to drive vehicles and management mechanisms
After application of the preparation may be a temporary reduction in clarity of visual perception, and to restore it is not recommended to drive and engage in activities requiring increased attention and reaction.
Adults and children over 1 year: Bury 1 drop in the affected eye 3 times a day.
Usually, the condition improves after 5 days and treatment should be continued in the next 2-3 days. If the condition does not improve after 5 days, the question of the correctness of the diagnosis and / or the prescribed treatment should be raised. The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the condition and the clinical and bacteriological course of the disease.
- Comes in original packaging. Item is brand new and unopened.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep locked and away from children.
- Store in dry place at room temperature.
- Do not exceed storage temperature higher than 25 C
Important notice- the outer box design may vary before prior notice!
- Customer placed a new order for 2 x ALTACET 1% GEL 75G — MADE IN POLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer placed a new order for 2 x VENORUTON FORTE 60 TABS — MADE IN SWITZERLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Maalea adummim registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for Mensil 25 mg, 8 chewable tablets — Made in Poland — Free Delivery
- Customer from Hollywood logged in
- Customer from Nottingham logged in
- Customer from Fredericksburg placed a new order for EKTIN EYE DROPS 10 ML - MADE IN USA - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Fredericksburg registered for an account
- Customer from Nottingham placed a new order for Ismigen sublingual tablets 50mg, 30 pcs — Made in Italy — Free Delivery
- Customer from Nottingham registered for an account
- Customer from GLASGOW placed a new order for 2 x TOBRADEX EYE OINTMENT 3,5G — MADE IN BELGIUM — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from GLASGOW registered for an account
- Customer from Concord placed a new order for 3 x GUTTALAX DROPS 30 ML = 90 ML - MADE IN ITALY - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Concord registered for an account
- Customer from Тбилиси registered for an account
- Customer from BRIGHTON logged in
- Customer placed a new order for ZOVIRAX INTENSIVE 50MG/G CREAM 2G - MADE IN POLAND - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Fredericksburg logged in
- Customer from Fredericksburg reset their account password
- Customer from Fredericksburg requested a reset password