3 x OFTAN TIMOLOL EYE DROPS 5MG/ML 5ML — MADE IN FINLAND — FREE SHIPPING
Oftan Timolol eye drops - is an antiglaucomatous preparation belonging to a group of nonselective beta-blockers. The mechanism of action of the preparation is associated with a decrease in the production of aqueous humor and a slight improvement in the outflow of intraocular fluid. It is well tolerated, it causes a marked decrease in the level of intraocular pressure.
Anti-glaucoma preparation, non-selective beta-blocker. Has no internal sympathomimetic and membrane-stabilizing activity. With topical application in the form of eye drops, timolol reduces both normal and increased intraocular pressure by reducing the formation of intraocular fluid. Does not affect the size of the pupil and accommodation.
The effect of the preparation manifests itself 20 min after instillation into the conjunctival cavity. The maximum decrease in intraocular pressure occurs after 1-2 hours and persists for 24 hours.
When topical application of timolol maleate quickly penetrates through the cornea. After instillation of eye drops, the maximum concentration of timolol in the aqueous humor of the eye is achieved after 1-2 hours.
80% of timolol, used in the form of eye drops, enters the systemic bloodstream by absorption through the vessels of the conjunctiva, the nasal mucosa and the lacrimal tract. The excretion of timolol metabolites is mainly carried out by the kidneys.
In newborns and small children, the concentration of timolol. as an active substance, significantly exceeds its maximum concentration (Cmax) in adult blood plasma.
- Increased intraocular pressure (ophthalmic hypertension).
- Open angle glaucoma.
- Glaucoma on the aphakic eye and other types of secondary glaucoma.
- As an additional means for reducing intraocular pressure in closed-angle glaucoma (in combination with miotics).
- Congenital glaucoma (with ineffectiveness of other agents).
- Bronchial asthma or other severe chronic obstructive airway disease.
- Sinus bradycardia.
- AV-blockade II and III degree.
- Decompensated heart failure.
- Dystrophic processes in the cornea.
- Children under 18 years of age (due to the lack of data on the effectiveness and safety of the preparation in children and adolescents under 18 years).
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the preparation.
- Pulmonary insufficiency.
- Severe cerebrovascular insufficiency.
- Heart failure in the stage of compensation.
- Arterial hypotension.
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Reynaud's syndrome.
- Atrophic rhinitis.
- Simultaneous administration of other beta-blockers and psychoactive preparations that increase the secretion of epinephrine.
Visual impairment, dizziness and fatigue can occasionally be observed with the use of eyedrops Ophthalm Timolol.
It is recommended to control the effectiveness of the preparation approximately 3-4 weeks after the start of therapy (not earlier than in 1-2 weeks). With prolonged use of timolol, the effect may be weakened.
When applying, it is necessary to monitor the function of teardropping, the state of the cornea and assess the magnitude of the visual fields at least once every 6 months.
Oftan Timolol contains a preservative of benzalkonium chloride, which can cause eye irritation, absorbed by soft contact lenses, causing a change in their color, and have an adverse effect on eye tissue. Contact lenses should be removed before using the preparation and, if necessary, set them again not earlier than 15 minutes after instillation.
When translating patients for treatment with timolol, correction of refractive changes caused by previously used miotics may be required.
Oftan Timolol, like other beta-blockers, can mask possible symptoms of hypoglycemia in patients with diabetes mellitus.
In the case of an upcoming surgical intervention under general anesthesia, it is necessary to cancel the preparation 48 hours prior to surgery, because Timolol enhances the action of muscle relaxants and general anesthetics.
Do not bury two different beta-blockers in the same eye.
Impact on the ability to drive vehicles and manage mechanisms
During the treatment period, care must be taken when driving vehicles and during work with complex equipment, requiring increased concentration of attention, rapidity of psychomotor reactions and good vision (within 30 minutes after instillation into the eye), since the preparation can reduce blood pressure, cause fatigue and dizziness.
At the beginning of treatment appoint 1-2 drops in the affected eye 2 times / day.
If intraocular pressure with normal use is normalized, you should lower the dose to 1 drop 1 time / day in the morning.
Oftan Timolol treatment is usually carried out for a long time. A break in treatment or a change in the dosage of the preparation is carried out only on the instructions of the attending physician.
- Comes in original packaging. Item is brand new and unopened.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep locked and away from children.
- Store in dry place at room temperature.
- Do not exceed storage temperature higher than 25 C
Important notice- the outer box design may vary before prior notice!
- Customer from Austin logged in
- Customer from Lynnwood placed a new order for TENOTEN FOR CHILDREN 40 PILLS — MADE IN LITHUANIA — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Lynnwood logged in
- Customer from Gloucester placed a new order for DOBENOX FORTE GEL 100G — MADE IN POLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Gloucester registered for an account
- Customer from ANTELOPE placed a new order for Tonorma 30 tablets — Made in Ukraine — Free Delivery
- Customer from ANTELOPE added a new address
- Customer from ANTELOPE registered for an account
- Customer from Bando d'Argenta logged in
- Customer from Comuna Sirna logged in
- Customer from ELMWOOD PARK logged in
- Customer placed a new order for 2 x KLIMADYNON 2,8 MG 60 TABS - MADE IN GERMANY - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from lake stevens registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for ESSENTIALE FORTE N 100 CAPS - MADE IN POLAND - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Wanchai logged in
- Customer from ELMWOOD PARK placed a new order for DESMOXAN 1.5MG 100 TABS - MADE IN POLAND - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from ELMWOOD PARK registered for an account
- Customer from London placed a new order for CONCOR 10MG 50 TABS - MADE IN GERMANY - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from London registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for 3 x THEALOZ DUO DROPS 10 ML = 30 ML - MADE IN POLAND - FREE SHIPPING