2 x DESMOXAN 1.5MG 100 TABS - MADE IN POLAND - FREE SHIPPING
DESMOXAN 1.5MG 100 TABLETS
The medicinal product is used to treat nicotine addiction: it reduces the feeling of craving for nicotine, reduces withdrawal symptoms after smoking cessation. Desmoxan is indicated for people addicted to nicotine.
Features:Contains the active substance cytisine, which is similar to nicotine. Cytisine gradually displaces nicotine from the body. As a result, nicotine addiction is reduced and it is possible to stop smoking without signs of abstinence (nicotine craving).
Use of the preparation:During the first 3 days, Desmoxan should be used 1 capsule every 2 hours (6 capsules a day). At the same time, the number of cigarettes smoked should be gradually reduced. One pack of Desmoxan is a full 25-day treatment.
If the treatment did not work and you still feel the need to smoke, stop taking Desmoxan. Treatment can be started again after 2-3 months.
If the treatment is effective and you do not feel the need to smoke, follow the scheme below:
From day 4 to day 12 - 1 capsule every 2.5 hours (maximum 5 capsules a day)
From day 12 to day 16 - 1 capsule every 3 hours (maximum 4 capsules a day)
From day 17 to day 20 - 1 capsule every 5 hours (maximum 3 capsules a day)
From day 21 to 25 - 1 or 2 capsules a day.
Desmoxan should be taken orally with a sufficient amount of water.
Composition of Desmoxan:1 capsule contains:
Active substance: 1.5 mg cytisine (Cytisinum).
Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, maize starch, colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate.
Hard capsule composition: titanium dioxide, indigo carmine, gelatin.
Reviews about Desmoxan:If you want to know the opinions about Desmoxana, we encourage you to click on the tab called "Opinions". Check if Desmoxan has helped quit smoking to our pharmacy patients.
Tell your doctor when you use other medications. Desmoxan must not be used in combination with tuberculosis medicines. Before starting Desmoxan treatment, please read the package leaflet that comes with the medicine.
Desmoxan Use Instruction.
Desmoxan 1.5 mg tablets (Cytisinum).
Please read this leaflet carefully before taking the medicine because it contains important information for you.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in the package leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- If you need advice or additional information, please ask your pharmacist.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist, including any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. See point 4.
- If there is no improvement or the patient feels worse, see a doctor.
1. What Desmoxan is and what it is used for:
Desmoxan is indicated in smoking cessation and reducing craving in people who wish to stop smoking. The purpose of using Desmoxan is to permanently stop using nicotine-containing products.
The use of Desmoxan allows you to gradually reduce your body's dependence on nicotine by relieving withdrawal symptoms.
2. What you need to know before taking Desmoxan.
Do not take Desmoxan:
- if you are allergic to the active substance or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6),
- if you have unstable angina,
- if you have recently had a heart attack,
- in the case of clinically significant arrhythmias,
- if you have recently had a stroke,
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Warnings and Precautions: Desmoxan should be used with caution in ischemic heart disease, heart failure, arterial hypertension, pheochromocytoma, atherosclerosis and other peripheral blood vessel diseases, gastric and duodenal ulcer, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hyperthyroidism, diabetes, schizophrenia, kidney and liver failure .
Desmoxan should only be taken by people with the serious intention of giving up smoking. Taking the drug and continuing to smoke can make the side effects of nicotine worse.
Children and youth: Due to limited experience, the drug is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Elderly people: Due to limited clinical experience, the use of Desmoxan in the elderly (over 65 years of age) is not recommended.
Use in patients with impaired liver and kidney function:
There is no clinical experience with Desmoxan in patients with impaired liver and kidney function, therefore its use in this patient group is not recommended.
Other Drugs and Desmoxan: Tell the doctor or pharmacist about all the drugs taken by the patient now or recently, and about the drugs that the patient plans to take. You should not take Desmoxan together with medicines for tuberculosis.
In some cases, as a consequence of stopping smoking, with or without Desmoxan, the doses of other medicines may need to be adjusted. This is especially important when you are taking medicines containing theophylline (used in asthma), tacrine (used in Alzheimer's disease), clozapine (used in schizophrenia) and ropinirole (used in Parkinson's disease). If in doubt, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
It is currently unknown whether Desmoxan may reduce the effectiveness of systemically acting hormonal contraceptives. Women using systemically acting hormonal contraceptives should use an additional barrier method (e.g. condom).
Pregnancy and breastfeeding: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Women of childbearing potential must use effective contraception during treatment with Desmoxan. Ask your doctor for advice.
Desmoxan is contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Driving vehicles and operating machinery
Desmoxan has no influence on the ability to drive and use machines.
Stop smoking. Changes in your body when you stop smoking, with or without treatment with Desmoxan, can change the way other medicines work. Therefore, in some cases it may be necessary to adjust the doses of other drugs. For more information, see "Other medicines and Desmoxan" above.
In some people, stopping smoking, with or without medication, has been associated with an increased risk of changes in thinking or behavior, feelings of depression and anxiety (rarely including suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts) and may be associated with an exacerbation of existing psychiatric disorders. If you have psychiatric problems or have had them in the past, you should discuss this with your doctor.
3. How to use Desmoxan: Always use this medicine exactly as described in the package leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
One package of Desmoxan (100 tablets) is sufficient for a complete therapy. The treatment time is 25 days. Desmoxan should be taken orally with a sufficient amount of water according to the following schedule.
You should give up smoking no later than on the 5th day after starting therapy. You should not smoke while on treatment as this may increase the side effects. If the treatment effect is unsatisfactory, treatment should be discontinued and may be restarted after 2-3 months.
If you use more Desmoxan than you should: Symptoms of an overdose of Desmoxan are characteristic of symptoms of nicotine poisoning. Symptoms of overdose are: malaise, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, fluctuating blood pressure, breathing disorders, visual disturbances, convulsions. If you get even one of these symptoms or a symptom not listed in this leaflet, stop taking Desmoxan and contact your doctor or pharmacist.
If you forget to use Desmoxan: Do not use a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you stop using Desmoxan: If you have any further questions about the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. Possible side effects: Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects may occur with the frequency listed below: Very common - affects more than 1 in 10 people: change in appetite (mainly increased), weight gain, dizziness, irritability, mood changes, anxiety, increased blood pressure (hypertension), dry mouth, diarrhea, rash, increased tiredness, sleep disturbances (insomnia, drowsiness, lethargy, strange dreams, nightmares), headache, increased heart rate, nausea, changes in taste, heartburn, constipation, vomiting, abdominal pain (especially in the upper abdomen), muscle pain.
Common - affects 1 to 10 people in 100: difficulty concentrating, slow heart rate, gas, burning tongue, feeling unwell.
Uncommon - affects 1 to 10 people in 1,000: a feeling of heaviness in the head, decreased sex drive, watery eyes, shortness of breath, increased expectoration, excessive salivation, increased sweating, decreased skin elasticity, tiredness, increased liver enzymes.
Most of the side effects listed above occur mainly in the initiation of treatment and disappear as treatment continues. They can also be caused by stopping smoking (withdrawal symptoms) and not taking Desmoxan.
By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Side effects can also be reported to the Marketing Authorization Holder.
5. How to store Desmoxan: Keep the drug out of the sight and reach of children.
Store below 25 ° C. Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture and light. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines no longer required. Such behavior will help to protect the environment.
6. Package Contents and Other Information: What Desmoxan contains:
- The active substance is cytisine. One film-coated tablet contains 1.5 mg of cytisine.
- The other ingredients are: mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, glycerol dibehenate, hypromellose.
What Desmoxan looks like and contents of the pack: Desmoxan are round, biconvex, white tablets, 6 mm in diameter. PVC / PCTFE / Aluminum blisters placed in a cardboard box containing a total of 100 tablets.
- Customer placed a new order for Loximin 30 capsules — Made in USA — Free Delivery
- Customer placed a new order for Viagra 100mg 4 tablets — Made in France — Free Delivery
- Customer placed a new order for Pramistar 600 mg 20 tablets — Made in Germany — Free Delivery
- Customer placed a new order for Polydex with phenylephrine nasal spray 15ml — Made in France — Free Delivery
- Customer from San Diego placed a new order for VOLTAREN MAX GEL 180G - MADE IN SWITZERLAND - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from San Diego registered for an account
- Customer from Northridge logged in
- Customer from Trevose logged in
- Customer from Chicago logged in
- Customer from Chișinău logged in
- Customer from Chicago placed a new order for LIOTON 1000 GEL 100G — MADE IN GERMANY — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Chicago registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for SOLCOSERYL GEL 4,15MG/G 20G — MADE IN SWITZERLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Northridge placed a new order for Detralex 500mg 60 tablets — Made in France — Free Delivery
- Customer from Northridge registered for an account
- Customer from Holmsjö placed a new order for MELATONINA 5MG 30 TABS — MADE IN POLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Holmsjö registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for LIOTON 1000 GEL 100G — MADE IN GERMANY — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from London logged in
- Customer from Le Palais sur Vienne placed a new order for PUMPAN ORAL DROPS 50 ML - MADE IN AUSTRIA - FREE SHIPPING