MALTOFER ORAL DROPS 50MG/ML 30ML — MADE IN SWITZERLAND — FREE SHIPPING
Maltofer® oral drops are used to treat iron deficiency without anemia (latent iron deficiency) and iron deficiency anemia (clinically pronounced iron deficiency). Iron deficiency and its degree must be confirmed by appropriate laboratory tests.
1 ml (corresponds to 20 drops, one drop contains 2.5 mg of iron) of the preparation contains (active ingredient) 178.6 mg of iron (III) polymaltose hydroxide, which is equivalent to 50 mg of iron.
Excipients: sucrose, sodium methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 219), sodium propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 217), cream flavor, sodium hydroxide, purified water.
there is a hypersensitivity or intolerance to the active substance or any component of the preparation ;
excess iron in the body (for example, hemochromatosis, hemosiderosis);
disorder of the mechanisms of iron excretion (lead anemia, sideroachrestic anemia, thalassemia);
anemia not caused by iron deficiency (eg hemolytic anemia, megaloblastic anemia caused by vitamin B12 deficiency);
esophageal stenosis and / or other obstructive diseases of the digestive tract; intestinal diverticulum, intestinal obstruction, regular blood transfusions;
simultaneous use of parenteral forms of iron.
Mode of application
The dose and duration of treatment depend on the degree of iron deficiency.
The daily dose can be taken at one time or divided into several doses.
The preparation "Maltofer®" should be taken during or immediately after a meal.
Maltofer®, oral drops, can be mixed with fruit and vegetable juices or artificial infant formula. A slight change in the color of the mixture does not affect the effectiveness of the preparation or its taste.
To get the exact dose of Maltofer® drops, turn the bottle over and hold it upright. Drops will begin to form directly at the tip of the bottle, and if not, tilt the bottle slightly until a drop forms. Do not shake the bottle.
The duration of treatment for clinically pronounced iron deficiency is on average 3-5 months until the hemoglobin level normalizes. Thereafter, the preparation should be continued at the appropriate dosage to treat latent iron deficiency over the next few weeks to restore iron stores. The duration of treatment for latent iron deficiency without anemia is 1-2 months.
Daily iron intake:
infants under 1 year of age:
iron deficiency anemia - 10-20 drops (25-50 mg);
latent iron deficiency without anemia - 6-10 drops (15-25 mg);
children aged 1 to 12 years:
iron deficiency anemia - 20-40 drops (50-100 mg);
latent iron deficiency without anemia - 10-20 drops (25-50 mg);
adolescents over the age of 12 and adults:
iron deficiency anemia - 40-120 drops (100-300 mg);
latent iron deficiency without anemia - 20-40 drops (50-100 mg);
premature babies: 2.5-5 mg iron per kg of body weight (1-2 drops) for 3-5 months.
The use of Maltofer® during pregnancy or lactation is recommended only after consulting a doctor. An assessment of the benefit / risk ratio is recommended.
The preparation is used in children from birth (including premature babies).
No relevant studies have been conducted. It is unlikely that the "Maltofer®" preparation affects the reaction rate when driving or working with complex mechanisms.
While taking Maltofer® in case of an overdose, there were no signs of intoxication or excessive intake of iron into the body due to the peculiarities of controlled release and low toxicity of the polymaltose complex of iron hydroxide (III) (LD50 in mice and rats> 2000 mg of iron / kg body weight). Cases of unintentional fatal overdose have not been reported.
The most common adverse reaction is fecal discoloration (in 23% of patients) due to iron withdrawal.
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C, out of the reach of children and protected from light.
The shelf life is 3 years.
- Customer from Värmdö registered for an account
- Customer from BRIGHTON logged in
- Customer from SANTARCANGELO DI ROMAGNA logged in
- Customer from SANTARCANGELO DI ROMAGNA registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for Emla cream 30 g — Made in UK — Free Delivery
- Customer placed a new order for EKTIN EYE DROPS 10 ML - MADE IN USA - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Wasaga Beach logged in
- Customer from Wasaga Beach logged in
- Customer placed a new order for 2 x ALTACET 1% GEL 75G — MADE IN POLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer placed a new order for 2 x VENORUTON FORTE 60 TABS — MADE IN SWITZERLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Maalea adummim registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for Mensil 25 mg, 8 chewable tablets — Made in Poland — Free Delivery
- Customer from Hollywood logged in
- Customer from Nottingham logged in
- Customer from Fredericksburg placed a new order for EKTIN EYE DROPS 10 ML - MADE IN USA - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Fredericksburg registered for an account
- Customer from Nottingham placed a new order for Ismigen sublingual tablets 50mg, 30 pcs — Made in Italy — Free Delivery
- Customer from Nottingham registered for an account
- Customer from GLASGOW placed a new order for 2 x TOBRADEX EYE OINTMENT 3,5G — MADE IN BELGIUM — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from GLASGOW registered for an account