2 x BETOFTAN EYE DROPS 0,5% 5ML — MADE IN UKRAINE — FREE SHIPPING
Betoftan eye drops - is a local ophthalmic preparation that belongs to the group of antiglaucomatous preparations; blocks beta-adrenoreceptors, reducing the production of intraocular fluid, thereby reducing both increased and normal intraocular pressure.
Betoftan eye drops - Antiglaucoma preparation. Betaxolol is a selective beta 1-blocker with no intrinsic sympathomimetic activity. Does not have a membrane-stabilizing (local anesthetic) action.
With topical application, betaxolol reduces both increased and normal intraocular pressure, due to decreased production of intraocular fluid. The onset of an antihypertensive effect is usually observed 30 minutes after the use of the preparation, and the maximum decrease in the ophthalmotonus occurs approximately after 2 hours. After a single instillation, the effect on the ophthalmotonus persists for 12 hours.
Betaxolol, in comparison with other beta-blockers, does not cause a decrease in blood flow in the optic nerve, miosis, spasm of accommodation, hemeralopia (in contrast to myotics).
Betaxolol is highly lipophilic, as a result of which it penetrates well through the cornea into the anterior chamber of the eye, Cmax in the anterior chamber is determined 20 min after instillation. With topical application, systemic absorption is low, the concentration in the plasma is below the threshold (2 ng / ml) of detection.
Distribution and deduction
Binding to plasma proteins - 50%. T1 / 2 - 14-22 hours. It is excreted by the kidneys (15% unchanged). The permeability through the BBB and the placental barrier is low, the secretion of breast milk is negligible.
- ocular hypertension;
- chronic open-angle form of glaucoma;
- Closed-angle glaucoma (in combination with miotics).
- sinus bradycardia;
- AV blockade II and III degree;
- children and adolescents under 18 years of age (due to lack of data on effectiveness and safety);
- hypersensitivity to the components of the preparation.
With caution appoint a preparation for diabetes, thyrotoxicosis, concurrent administration of oral beta-blockers, Raynaud's syndrome, pheochromocytoma, bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive bronchitis, AV-blockade of I degree, heart failure.
Application in childhood
Contraindicated in children and adolescents under 18 years.
Betoftan contains preservative benzalkonium chloride, which can be adsorbed by soft contact lenses and have a damaging effect on the eye tissue. Therefore, patients wearing soft contact lenses should take them off before applying drops and install, back no earlier than 20 minutes after instillation.
To prevent contamination of the pipette, do not touch the eye when instilled.
Beta-adrenoblockers should be used with caution in patients with a tendency to hypoglycemia, because these preparations can mask the symptoms of acute hypoglycemia.
Beta-blockers can mask some symptoms of hyperthyroidism (for example, tachycardia). Patients with suspected thyrotoxicosis should not abstain from beta-blockers, this can cause an increase in symptoms.
Beta-adrenoblockers can cause symptoms similar to those of myasthenia gravis (eg, diplopia, ptosis, general weakness).
Prior to the planned operation, beta-blockers should be gradually (not simultaneously) canceled 48 hours before the general anesthesia, tk. during general anesthesia, they can reduce the sensitivity of the myocardium to the sympathetic stimulation necessary for the work of the heart.
Care should be taken when assigning beta-blockers to patients with a greatly reduced function of the respiratory system. Despite the fact that clinical studies have shown no effect of betaxolol on the function of external respiration, one should not exclude the possibility of hypersensitivity to the preparation.
Patients taking beta-blockers may have a history of atopy or anaphylactic reactions. In the case of repeated reactions, such patients may not be sensitive to the usual doses of epinephrine needed to stop anaphylaxis.
When instillation, the preparation can enter the systemic circulation. Thus, the same side effects can be observed, as with IV, and parenteral administration of beta-blockers.
Betoftanum has minimal effect on blood pressure and heart rate. However, care should be taken when prescribing it to patients with grade I AV blockade or heart failure. Treatment should be stopped when the first signs of decompensation of the cardiovascular system appear.
Impact on the ability to drive vehicles and manage mechanisms
Patients who temporarily lose visual clarity after instillation of the preparation are not recommended to engage in activities that require increased attention and reaction before recovery.
Bury 1-2 drops in the conjunctival sac 2 times / day. In some patients, intraocular pressure stabilization occurs within a few weeks, therefore it is recommended to monitor intraocular pressure during the first month of treatment.
If the required level of intraocular pressure is not achieved with monotherapy with Betoftan, additional therapy should be prescribed.
- Comes in original packaging. Item is brand new and unopened.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep locked and away from children.
- Store in dry place at room temperature.
- Do not exceed storage temperature higher than 25 C
Important notice- the outer box design may vary before prior notice!
- Customer from Austin placed a new order for 2 x MUCOSOLVAN = LASOLVAN SYROP 30MG/5ML 200ML - MADE IN FRANCE - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Austin logged in
- Customer from Lynnwood placed a new order for TENOTEN FOR CHILDREN 40 PILLS — MADE IN LITHUANIA — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Lynnwood logged in
- Customer from Gloucester placed a new order for DOBENOX FORTE GEL 100G — MADE IN POLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Gloucester registered for an account
- Customer from ANTELOPE placed a new order for Tonorma 30 tablets — Made in Ukraine — Free Delivery
- Customer from ANTELOPE added a new address
- Customer from ANTELOPE registered for an account
- Customer from Bando d'Argenta logged in
- Customer from Comuna Sirna logged in
- Customer from ELMWOOD PARK logged in
- Customer placed a new order for 2 x KLIMADYNON 2,8 MG 60 TABS - MADE IN GERMANY - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from lake stevens registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for ESSENTIALE FORTE N 100 CAPS - MADE IN POLAND - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Wanchai logged in
- Customer from ELMWOOD PARK placed a new order for DESMOXAN 1.5MG 100 TABS - MADE IN POLAND - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from ELMWOOD PARK registered for an account
- Customer from London placed a new order for CONCOR 10MG 50 TABS - MADE IN GERMANY - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from London registered for an account