MALTOFER SYRUP 10MG/ML 150ML — MADE IN SWITZERLAND — FREE SHIPPING
Maltofer syrup - tThe preparation of iron. Contains iron in the form of a polymaltose complex of iron hydroxide. This macromolecular complex is stable and does not release iron in the form of free ions in the digestive tract. The structure of the active substance of the preparation of Maltofer is identical with the natural ferritin iron compound. Due to this similarity, iron comes from the intestine into the blood via active transport. The absorbed iron binds to ferritin and is deposited in the body, mainly in the liver. Then, in the bone marrow it is included in the hemoglobin.
Iron, which is part of the polymaltose complex of iron hydroxide does not have pro-oxidant properties, unlike simple iron salts.
There is a correlation between the severity of iron deficiency and the level of its absorption (the greater the severity of iron deficiency, the better the absorption). The most active absorption process occurs in the duodenum and small intestine.
- Latent iron deficiency and clinically pronounced iron deficiency (iron deficiency anemia);
- Prevention of iron deficiency in women during pregnancy, breastfeeding, in childbearing period, in children, incl. in adolescence, in adults (for example, vegetarians and elderly people).
- Iron overload (eg hemosiderosis and hemochromatosis).
- Disruption of iron utilization (lead anemia, sidero-achestic anemia).
- Non-iron deficiency anemia (hemolytic, megaloblastic, caused by a lack of vitamin B 12).
On the part of the intestine: a feeling of overflow, pressure in the epigastric region, nausea, constipation or diarrhea; possibly a dark color of the stool, caused by the release of non-sucked iron, which has no clinical significance.
The preparation is taken orally during or immediately after a meal.
Drops and syrup can be mixed with fruit, vegetable juices or soft drinks. Chewable tablets can be chewed or swallowed whole.
The daily dose of the preparation depends on the degree of iron deficiency
The duration of treatment for clinically significant iron deficiency (iron deficiency anemia) is 3-5 months, before the normalization of hemoglobin. After this, the preparation should be continued at a dose intended for the treatment of latent iron deficiency for several more months, and for pregnant women, at least until the birth to restore iron stores.
The duration of treatment of latent iron deficiency is 1-2 months.
In the case of clinically significant iron deficiency, the normalization of hemoglobin and the replacement of iron stores occurs only 2-3 months after the start of treatment.
- Comes in original packaging. Item is brand new and unopened.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep locked and away from children.
- Store in dry place at room temperature.
- Do not exceed storage temperature higher than 25 C
Important notice- the outer box design may vary before prior notice!
- Customer from Austin placed a new order for 2 x MUCOSOLVAN = LASOLVAN SYROP 30MG/5ML 200ML - MADE IN FRANCE - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Austin logged in
- Customer from Lynnwood placed a new order for TENOTEN FOR CHILDREN 40 PILLS — MADE IN LITHUANIA — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Lynnwood logged in
- Customer from Gloucester placed a new order for DOBENOX FORTE GEL 100G — MADE IN POLAND — FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Gloucester registered for an account
- Customer from ANTELOPE placed a new order for Tonorma 30 tablets — Made in Ukraine — Free Delivery
- Customer from ANTELOPE added a new address
- Customer from ANTELOPE registered for an account
- Customer from Bando d'Argenta logged in
- Customer from Comuna Sirna logged in
- Customer from ELMWOOD PARK logged in
- Customer placed a new order for 2 x KLIMADYNON 2,8 MG 60 TABS - MADE IN GERMANY - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from lake stevens registered for an account
- Customer placed a new order for ESSENTIALE FORTE N 100 CAPS - MADE IN POLAND - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from Wanchai logged in
- Customer from ELMWOOD PARK placed a new order for DESMOXAN 1.5MG 100 TABS - MADE IN POLAND - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from ELMWOOD PARK registered for an account
- Customer from London placed a new order for CONCOR 10MG 50 TABS - MADE IN GERMANY - FREE SHIPPING
- Customer from London registered for an account